- The start-up cost for this business is low, and revenue is higher.
- Your organizational skills are improved, plus you’ll get to experience various ways to celebrate multiple occasions.
- Know the latest party trends your kids will enjoy.
- Tricks on how to engage even the sheepish kids in town.
- Step by step guide how you can start your party business even if you don’t have the slightest ideas yet will still succeed.
- Cost-efficient marketing strategies ideal for startup kids’ party businesses.
- The complete research materials every party business used to have consistent sales and higher monthly conversions.
How Can You Start a Kid’s Party Business?
Are you a kid at heart and an entrepreneur in spirit? Do you fondly remember your childhood toys? Do you have happy memories of kiddie parties and confetti showers? Are you at times looking at the kid’s perspective so exciting and awesome but most often funny? Do you sometimes get the urge to join in some kids’ horsey-folly games?
As a result of answering yes to the above questions, you undoubtedly enjoy children and the way they play. Here is your guide to creating a passive income while staying on the happiness track. Regardless of whether you’re a first-timer or have a clue, now is the time to turn your fondness into a successful business.
In a hurry to crunch our golden nuggets? Here’s a quick summary; feel free to scroll down AND take our proven tips on how to increase your success rate in this business type.
Start-up of Kids Party Business
- Startup costs are low, it is creative, and it is always fun; you get to go to birthday parties every working day!
- Besides that all-important creativity, you’ll need the organizational skills to pull everything together and do it smoothly so that everyone has fun.
- You should also know what kids like today so that you can plan parties around the cartoon character or hit movie of the hour.
- And you’ll need to be a people person who can make sure that no shy child gets left out of the fun and no sensitive parent gets miffed at being left out of the picture.
How To Start Your Kid’s Party Business and Succeed
So you love organizing parties, and you’ve been managing them for years with your substantial family gatherings: from the guest list, party decorations, party menu, the program, who’ll love what, trendy engaging games, unique themes, and stunning take-home gifts.
Name all those party ideas, and you’re done with that, then you’re ready to start your business. Now start moving; here’s everything you need to know on how to increase your success rate and ensure you’re always fully booked, regardless if it’s a global crisis or not—people still celebrate.
Research for target clients
Research your potential kid’s party business by talking to the families in your area to figure out how, when, and why they might use your services. Consider using the library or another ample space to host an information session where you can speak with a group of parents and children.
Besides, you can spend some time researching the kid’s party business industry. Use the Internet and books to discover the latest trends and tips for promoting your business to reach your target audience.
Identifying your services
Identify the types of services you plan to offer based on the information you receive from the children and their parents. Price your services and keep in mind any competition you may have in your area.
Are there other businesses that offer party services for kids? If so, how does your company differ? You need to think of ways to make your kid’s party business and services stand out from what your competitors are offering.
Party types services to offer:
- Birthday party
- Dinner party
- Surprise party
- Garden party
- Balls and dances
- Tea party
- Fancy dress or costume party
- Pool party
- Christmas caroling party
- Welcome party
- Fundraising party
Draft a business plan
Name your kid’s party business and start to work on a detailed business plan that includes an overview of the company, how you plan to market it, and how you plan to finance it. Set aside some time every day to work on your business plan. It may take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months to complete.
Gathering supplies and equipment needed
Use your business plan to help you develop a list of items you need to start your kid’s party business. Purchase your supplies and begin setting up your office. Consider whether you’ll operate from your home or rent office space. If you plan to rent space, you’ll need to search for commercial properties for lease.
Do not forget the most important thing you will always need is a planning book and a telephone. If you specialize in a specific type of party theme, like dress-up tea parties or wild animal parties, you’ll want to lay in a stock of costumes and makeup for guests to put on.
- Party invitations
- Chairs, chair cushions, and chair covers
- Tables for buffet, guest, etc
- Tablecloths, placemats, and table skirts
- Place cards, name tags, table cards
- Serving utensils
- Serving platters, bowls, trays
- Party favors, boxes, or treat bags
- Banners or signs
- Balloons, ribbons, helium
- Garland, confetti, candles
- Games, prizes, props, supplies
- Music, microphone, speakers, iPods
- Charcoal or propane, grill, lighter fluid
- Tents, backdrops, umbrellas, stage
- Piñata, stick, mask, candy
- Bounce house and entertainment
- Warming trays
- Paper towels and cleaning supplies
- Warming trays and cold food trays (ice)
- First aid kit
Funding your business
To fund your new business, speak with family and friends for donations and contact local banks to apply for small business loans. Research grants, primarily available for people starting kid-focused businesses, minority grants, and grants for first-time business operators.
- Register your business name
- Choose a business structure
- Register for taxes
- Open your business bank account and credit card
- Setting up your business accounting
- Obtain essential permits and licenses
- Get a business insurance
- Create your digital storefront—website
A business’s visual identity is a unique asset that creates a relationship between its customers and the broader marketplace. Great branding will help you attract customers, partners, and funding because it communicates that you are reputable and can be trusted, essential for your business.
- Work with a graphic designer to come up with a logo to represent your brand. The logo should be kid-friendly with bright colors and bold imagery.
- Once your logo is finalized, work with your graphic designer to create business cards and brochures. You may also want to create a website so that your business is easily accessible to people searching for a kid’s party business on the Internet. Increasingly, customers go online first to research products and services.
- Market your business to your community during events and activities where children and their parents may be present.
- You can also create print advertisements for local newspapers and magazines. Daycare centers, children’s boutiques, and toy stores may also be good places to advertise your business. Your customers will be parents and kids who want to have fun.
- Send brochures to moms and dads in your area.
- Write fun, informative articles for local newspapers.
- Place ads in the Yellow Pages and regional publications.
- Network among the kiddie set and post fliers (with the owners’ permission) at dance and karate studios and other children’s hang-outs.
- Donate a party decor to the lucky winner of a charity auction–always good publicity–and give free parties to friends who’ll spread the word. Be sure to take pictures for your portfolio.
As a startup business, the very first advertisement you will ever have is your first client. A satisfied customer will do the talking for you. So you have to be very much aware that you have to be alert to mistakes on your first event and be prepared with optional moves if the need arises.
Other than that, you will make a positive impression on customers with branded letterhead, envelope, and business card design.
In summary, you have to conduct research on your potential kid’s party business, identify your services, draft your business plan, gather your supplies and equipment, fund your business, and go marketing.
Then, get a logo, and you’re on your way to building a name! Making that first sale will be unique. Sending the invoice or receipt to the customer will feel even sweeter if you can send it on stationery with your logo at the top!
Talk about serious and official things. Customers will know you mean business. To make sure your name gets noticed, get online with a website. If you have booked for an event, good signage will help you get noticed, and if you are a high street retailer, it is essential! When you are networking, a professionally branded business card will help you stay in touch with new associates.
How good will it feel when you send your first receipt or invoice on branded stationery?! And if you build instant trust with customers. Finally, as you are the brand champion, you need to get out of the building and promote your business offline.
A branded t-shirt that you can wear to events in-store and use for prize giveaways will help raise awareness. If you start a business, crowdsourcing design is an intelligent way to save money and get tons of creative ideas.
How To Grow Your Kid’s Party Business
Kid’s party businesses are a lucrative industry for event coordinators. As every year, families gather to celebrate various occasions. One popular tradition is kid’s parties. You’ll never go wrong with this business and the concept itself.
If you already have an operational party business, your next goal is to grow and improve its future stability. You’ll need some proven tips and techniques from entrepreneurs who’ve been in your shoes before.
Here are several ways to improve engagements, increase booking, and leverage your conversion rate:
Take advantage of what technology offers.
Event management software and platform allow you to focus on how to grow your business efficiently. These tools help you manage and juggle bookkeeping, marketing, and performers in one.
With tools to help simplify your tasks, you can effectively focus on improving an attendee’s experience and transitioning it to be the best one. Several event management software is designed to cut the hassle, save more, be more productive, and reduce expenses.
Create a better partnership with reliable and relevant influencers
Being an internet sensation these days comes with tons of unexpected benefits. While you focus on providing services to improve children’s party experience, your primary target is parents.
With a reputable and trusted influencer, your brand na business can easily reach their target popularity. By then you can go home and improve your engagements with your parents.
While it’s imperative to work with popular influencers, you can check for budding artists that offer what you need. This return will help you do the same and take care of the rest until the master redeemer returns.
Here’s a variety of ways to find the perfect social media influencers to help grow your business in no time.
- Check Instagram’s explore section relevant to what you are working on.
- Ensure that the influencer’s subscribers are engaging.
- Checking the competition enables you to operate and improve your product or services.
- Hook influencers with images and video content and emphasize the mutual benefits of having them.
- Build engagement on various social media platforms.
Share expert visuals of what visitors may expect about the show you organized
Growing your party business means you provide superb service. Your clients offer two valuable things: time and money. Before they hire your service, you’ll need to improve your credibility and capabilities.
Your previous projects’ visuals and video content are a great way to showcase your expertise and what they can expect with your service. To get people to click and choose your service, it’s essential to include images and video content about your efficacy and expertise.
Growing and improving any business structure requires time, effort, unique ideas, and perseverance. If you are not yet happy with your business’s current status, you might want to check your action plan and your sales funnel strategies.