Having children is fun and watching them grow is even more fun and blessed. Make sure you are prepared for their birthday parties and turn it something to enjoy, not dread. Before you know it, your child will be turning 16 and they will not want you to throw those parties anymore and you will miss the days of clowns, bouncy castles, and a lot more of Activities at Childrens Birthday Parties.
It is unavoidable, your child grew another year older and it is time to celebrate their birthday. Putting a children’s birthday party together is all about keeping the children at the party busy, entertained and out of trouble. We have compiled the Top 10 Best Activities at Childrens Birthday Parties to ensure both the birthday boy or birthday girl will have fun with their friends. And of building memories of the wonderful time they have had along with their guests.
Kids have wild imaginations and they love to pretend. What better way to jumpstart children’s imaginations than with face paint and accessories like tails, ears? The key when having face paint is to have an adult or a professional, to do the face-paint on the kids. Use only non-toxic face paints like the face paint brand, Elegant Minerals.You have to always take note of precautionary measures to be taken in every Activities at Childrens Birthday Parties. Always use face paints labeled free of parabens, formaldehyde, and synthetic dyes to ensure your children are safe and free from metal contaminates and other harmful chemicals.
With all the food, sweets and excitement at birthday parties you will want to have some sort of activity that will eventually tucker children out. Dance parties, obstacle courses, inflatable slides and bouncy houses are always winners at birthday parties. Just like the energy exerted and fun they have had in their various Activities at a Trampoline Park, children love getting to jump and slide through inflatable castles and parents love that the children are using up energy.
Dance parties are fun too because every child loves to dance. Make sure all the music you play is appropriate; consider Kidz Bop for the music as all their songs are edited for children’s ears. Physical activity in any activities at childrens birthday parties is a sure winner for everyone.
Clowns, magicians and even musical entertainment are great ways to pass time at children’s birthday parties without actually having to keep them active. Make sure you do your research prior to hiring any children’s entertainment as they can be pricey or specialize in certain activities at childrens birthday parties. Clowns are great for most ages.
Try and hire one who can do face paint, magic and make balloon animals because then you only need to hire one person rather than three. This saves on funds. Also consider the age of the child because clowns can be scary to young children and young as they are, often cannot understand magic. In that case, musical entertainment is usually more appreciated by younger children. Make sure to research the actual entertainment for background checks and professional expertise too.
No party is complete without food but with so many dietary restrictions and health concerns these days you want to make sure you have options for everyone. Always check with the parents of guest to find out if there are any dietary restrictions of allergies you need to be aware of such as gluten, peanuts or dairy. Always stick with foods that will not stain clothing, require multiple bites and are not messy.
Once the birthday party is over make sure to have goody bags and favors for all the guests. It is hard enough for children to watch another child get a gift and the have nothing in return, goody bags help children cope with “mine” issues that come from gift giving to the birthday boy or girl. Just as with toys, make sure the goody bags are free of small parts, any choking hazards and try to make all favors unisex to avoid issues with disputes between boys and girls.
Left to their own devices, most kids will find a way to entertain themselves — but their idea of a good time may do irreparable harm to your living room. Control the chaos by planning activities at childrens birthday parties that will keep them laughing (and keep your furniture intact). Be sure to plan more activities than you think you will need. That way you can move quickly to something else if guests lose interest.
Simple games work best for young children, but you may worry that they are not exciting enough for a party. Remember, however, that kids love tradition and may feel that the party is incomplete without a round of Pin the Tail on the Donkey or Follow the Leader. Never fear: you can reconcile your child’s desire for repetition with your quest for creativity by updating old favorites with a personal twist.
Best Activities at Children’s Birthday Parties
Party Stations – Set up several party stations for the kids to go between. Some kid-friendly ideas are: Block station- let the kids build with blocks. You can have an adult at the table encouraging them to complete a task such as building a high tower by themselves or working together as a team to build one huge tower.
- Sock Bean Bag Toss –You will need several new socks in bright colors filled with beans and then tied with a knot to close them. Make targets using buckets or laundry baskets. Set them at different distances from the toddlers and take turns throwing the socks into the baskets.
- Freeze Dancing – Kids love to dance and this game makes it even more fun! Play some dancing music and have the kids dance. Tell them that when the music stops they have to freeze and not move until the music starts again. Play the music and then stop it and have everyone freeze … then start the music again, and again, and again!
- Parade – Kids turning 2, 3 and 4 love parades. Make your own birthday party parade by giving children musical instruments – drums, shakers, horns, etc. and have them follow you around the house or yard playing their “birthday song”. Or have the children follow you with streamers or ribbons and have a dance parade. If the children all have doll strollers or wagons let them parade with their dolls and stuffed toys.
- Duck Duck Goose Game – Kids sit in circle on the floor. Choose one child to start the game. They walk around the outside of the circle patting each child on the head as they walk around. For each child they will call out “Duck”, “Duck”, “Duck” and when they choose a child to be the goose they pat them on the head and call out “Goose!” After they choose the “goose” they have to try and run around the circle and sit in the goose’s place before the “goose” can get up and catch them. Both children have to run the same direction. If the goose does not tag the first player then the goose becomes “it” and the game starts again.
- Duck Pond –Kids choose a duck from the “pond” and win a prize that matches the number on the bottom of the duck. This game is fun and easy! Before the party buy small prizes and assign them a number. On the bottom of the ducks write a number that matches the prize numbers in permanent marker. If a child picks up a duck with the number 3 on the bottom then they receive a prize that is marked 3. You can also make some ducks have a “Your Choice”written on the bottom which means the players choice of prizes. Give the ducks away as party favors after the party.
- Hokey Pokey –Kids love this active game. Stand with the kids in a large circle and begin to sing the Hokey Pokey song … “Put your right arm in, take your right arm out, put your right arm in and shake it all about “… don’t worry if they get the correct arm – they will have fun no matter what arm they put in! “You do the Hokey Pokey and you turn yourself around (turn around) and that’s what it’s all about!” Continue the song substituting left arm, right leg, left leg, head and whole body using the same verse. And you will hear giggles and screams of delight!
- Fishing Game – Kids get prizes from mystery fish! A fun game that keeps the kids wondering who is in the water giving out the prizes! You will need lots of small prizes to give away because kids like to play this game over and over. Make a fishing pole from a stick or bamboo pole by tying string to one end and a clothespin to the other end. The water needs to be big enough for the “fish” not to be seen – an appliance or large cardboard box will work … or simply place a blue tablecloth over a table and have the fish sit under it. Kids will throw their line over into the water and the “fish” attach a prize to their line using the clothespin.
- Prize Walk Birthday Game –A fun party game and also a fun way for the kids to learn their numbers. It is played similar to a cake walk … instead of giving cakes as prizes you give out small prizes or candy. You could also give out cupcakes. You will need to write the numbers one through twelve on colorful paper and tape them to the floor in a circle. Explain to the kids that while the music plays they will walk around the numbers on the circle and when they hear the music stop they will stop on the number they are standing on. When the music stops roll two dice. The number on the dice is the number on the floor that wins a prize.
- Treasure Hunting Game – Choose large plastic eggs, balls, party favors or any item from your birthday party theme and hide around the living room, backyard or park while the children are not looking. Hold up one item like the ones you have hidden and tell them to search and find the items. The one who finds the most items gets to help hide the objects for the next round. Have children return the items to a basket and hide the items again… and again. After the games, divide the treasure hunt items equally and send them home as party favors.
So there goes now our compilation of the Top 10 Best Activities at Childrens Birthday Parties for you to pick up some tips and ideas. Just do not forget that your child is trekking different phases of life’s journey as his age adds up every year. Do not miss out what you can actually give him at his appropriate age. The Activities at Childrens Birthday Parties will never be the same as he grows older. Go for it Mom and have no regrets!